– Ph.D. University of California at Berkeley, Mechanical Engineering (2011)
– M.S. Seoul National University, Mechanical Engineering (2006)
– B.S. Seoul National University, Mechanical Engineering (2001)
– Principal Research Scientist, Korea Institute of Science & Technology (KIST) (2017~)
– Associate Professor, KIST School, Korea University of Science and Technology (2017~)
– Senior Research Scientist, Korea Institute of Science & Technology (KIST) (2012-2017)
– Assistant Professor, KIST School, Korea University of Science and Technology (2012-2016)
– Post-Doc, University of California, Berkeley (2011-2012)
– Micro/nano surface patterning/ablation/modification/texturing for functional biomaterials, functional implant materials with control of cell functions
– Femtosecond laser ablation, patterning,texturing on metal, polymer, glass surface Nanosurface interface for biomaterials andenergy
– Cell Manufacturing
– Jaeho Park, Hyung-Seop Han, Jimin Park, HyunseonSeo, James Edwards, Yu-Chan Kim, Myoung-Ryul Ok, Hyun-Kwang Seok, HojeongJeon (2018) “Corrosion behavior of biodegradable Mg-based alloys viafemtosecond laser surface melting,” AppliedSurface Science, 448, 424-434.
– Indong Jun, Yong-Woo Chung, Jimin Park, Hyung-SeopHan, Jaeho Park, Saeromi Kim, Hyunjung Lee, Sang Hoon Kim, Jun-Hyun Han,Hyunjung Kim, Hyun-Kwang Seok, Yu-Chan Kim, Hojeong Jeon (2016)“Ultra-thin metal films with defined topographical structures as in vitro cellculture platform for unveiling vascular cell behaviors,” Advanced Healthcare Materials, 5(18), 2396-2405.
– IndongJun, Yong-Woo Chung, Yun-Hoe Heo, Hyung-SeopHan, Jimin Park, Hongsoo Jeong, Hyunjung Lee, Yu-Bin Lee, Yu-Chan Kim,Hyun-Kwang Seok, Heungsoo Shin*, Hojeong Jeon* (Co-corresponding)(2016) “Creating hierarchicaltopographies on fibrous platforms using femtosecond laser ablation fordirecting myoblasts behavior,” ACS AppliedMaterials &Interfaces,8(5), 3407-3417.
– HojeongJeon, SangmoKoo, Willie M. Reese, Peter Loskill, Costas P. Grigoropoulos, Kevin E. Healy(2015) “Directing cell migration and organization via nanocrater-patterned cell-repellentinterfaces,” nature materials, 14,918-923.