Park Kwi Deok Principal Researcher
– Ph.D. The University of Iowa, Biomedical Engineering (2005)
– Senior Research Scientist/Principal Research Scientist, Korea Institute of Science & Technology (KIST) (2007~)
– Associate Professor/Professor, University of Science and Technology (2009~)/ Chief major professor, Bio-Medical Science and Technology, KIST school (2017~ )
– Extracellular matrix (ECM) engineering for tissue regeneration
– Tissue engineering (musculoskeletal, cardiac, skin)
– Translational research (wound healing, etc)
– Du P, Suhaeri M, Ha SS, Oh SJ, Kim SH, Park K, Human lung fibroblast-derived matrix facilitates vascular morphogenesis in 3D environment and enhances skin wound healing. Acta Biomaterialia 54:333-344 (2017).
– Suhaeri M, Subbiah R, Kim S-H, Kim C-H, Oh SJ, Kim SH, Park K, A novel platform of cardiomyocytes culture and coculture via fibroblast-derived matrix-coupled aligned electrospun nanofiber. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 11:224-235 (2017).
– Subbiah R, Hwang MP, Du P, Muhammad S, Hwang J-H, Hong J-H, Park K, Tunable Crosslinked Cell-derived Extracellular Matrix Guides Cell Fate. Macromolecular Bioscience, 16:1723-1734 (2016).
– Hwang MP, Subbiah R, Kim IG, Lee KE, Park J, Kim SH, Park K Approximating bone ECM: Crosslinking directs individual and coupled osteoblast/osteoclast behavior. Biomaterials, 103:22-32 (2016).
– Kim IG, Hwang MP, Du P, Ko J, Ha CW, Do SH, Park K, Bioactive cell-derived matrices combined with polymer mesh scaffold for osteogenesis and bone healing. Biomaterials, 50:75-86 (2015).